Asian rhinoplasty nose surgery
Asian rhinoplasty plastic surgery itself takes under two hours on average to complete. However, the entire process of undergoing an Asian nose surgery procedure involves a significant time commitment.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Daniel Lin provides Asian nose surgery to patients in West Covina, Inland Empire, San Gabriel Valley, Chino, Rowland Heights, Baldwin Park, Whittier, Brea, Arcadia, Pasadena, Diamond Bar and surrounding areas in California.
Identifying Good Candidates and Planning the Surgery
Depending on the patient’s health records, unique cosmetic goals, and their specific nose and facial structure, the surgeon will determine their candidacy for Asian rhinoplasty. They will then develop an individualized surgical plan after taking into account the patient’s feedback on various facets.
The surgeon will encourage the patient to develop reasonable expectations from Asian rhinoplasty as a part of the preparation process.
They will ask the patient to view as many Asian rhinoplasty ‘before and after’ images as possible to be able to develop a clear comprehension of the benefits and limitations of the procedure.
Key Steps in Preparation
- Acquiring general information on Asian nose reshaping surgery as well as the surgeon’s practice
- Scheduling a consultation
- Following the necessary diet and lifestyle-related changes
- Arranging for post-op care
- Planning the recovery phase
Adjustments in Diet and Medicines
It is important for the patient to prepare their body for the surgery in the weeks prior to the scheduled Asian rhinoplasty. The surgeon may advise the following:
- Avoiding the use of aspirin and other blood thinners
- Avoiding the consumption of alcohol
- Discontinuing smoking
- Taking supplements such as vitamin C, E, and iron to enhance healing
- Informing the surgeon of any existing medical conditions
- Filling prescriptions for pain meds, antibiotics, and pain relievers
- Creating a stock of “soft” foods for the initial recovery period
Other Preparatory Steps
- Purchase the medicines: In case the surgeon has prescribed any medications, the patient should get the prescription filled prior to their procedure.
- Stock-up on food: The patient should stock up on easy to eat foods and beverages. They may feel nauseous following the surgery. Therefore, it is advisable to keep some basic, comforting food in the fridge. The patient should avoid spicy or hard to chew foods following the surgery to enable better healing.
- Purchase Lip Balm: The mouth may feel quite dry following the surgery. Therefore, the patient should have an adequate supply of lip balms and drinks to help them remain moist and comfortable.
- Remain Hydrated: The patient should drink plenty of water in the days before and after the procedure. Remaining hydrated can reduce nausea and make them feel better after the surgery.
- Shower: It’s prudent to take a shower prior to the surgery.
The Day of Surgery
Some suggestions for last-minute Asian rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery preparations are as follows:
Wear front-open tops: The patient will not be able to pull anything over their head following Asian rhinoplasty. For this reason, it is a good idea to wear button-up tops and slip-on footwear to the procedure.
- Do not eat for eight hours before the surgery: The patient should not eat past midnight on the day of their surgery as it is safer to perform surgery on an empty stomach, especially when general anesthesia is used.
- Arrange for transportation: The patient will not be able to drive back after the procedure and should make transport arrangements accordingly.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Daniel Lin receives patients from West Covina, Inland Empire, San Gabriel Valley, Chino, Rowland Heights, Baldwin Park, Whittier, Brea, Arcadia, Pasadena, Diamond Bar, and nearby areas in California for Asian rhinoplasty.
Click here to learn more about all the plastic surgery procedures and treatments cosmetic plastic surgeon Dr. Daniel Lin performs for patients in and around Pasadena, Chino, Rowland Heights, Baldwin Park, Whittier, Brea, Arcadia, West Covina, Inland Empire, and San Gabriel Valley. Call today to schedule a consultation 626.810.6165 or click here.