- 1 Combination Thread Lift and Medical Radiofrequency Tightening
- 2 It’s Your Time to Shine!
- 3 Luxurious Shine Lift
- 4 Candidates for Luxurious Shine Lift
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Before Your Luxurious Shine Lift
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Results
- 9 Cost of Thread Lift and RF Therapy in West Covina
- 10 FAQ
- 11 References
Combination Thread Lift and Medical Radiofrequency Tightening
The Luxurious Shine Lift is a brand new in-office treatment that combines the effective rejuvenation abilities of PDO MINT thread lifting and medical-grade radiofrequency energy. This exclusive facial rejuvenation service expertly combines two existing techniques, which result in the perfect treatment to refresh and reinvigorate your face and neck. At Shine Cosmetic Surgery, we arrange two separate dates for each procedure.
Board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Daniel H. Lin has provided care for the people of the Greater Los Angeles area for many years. Offering the highest standard of medical care and expertise at his office in West Covina, he gives patients the opportunity to benefit from two effective procedures that fight the aging process. Visit our website or contact our office at (626) 810-6165 to book a personal consultation with us and take advantage of our signature combination rejuvenation treatment!
It’s Your Time to Shine!
The very latest innovation in Korean beauty procedures, MINT stands for Minimally Invasive Non-surgical Thread. With minimal pain and a short recovery period, this treatment targets and reduces unwanted sagging.
What is PDO?
The thread itself is a complex sugar known as polydioxanone, or PDO for short. This remarkable, safe material has been used by cardiovascular surgeons in sutures for over 30 years, and its incorporation into the field of cosmetic surgery is exciting for doctors and patients alike! Using patented 360° molding technology, specially shaped molded barbs are attached to each thread to lift tissue and smooth wrinkles as it is manipulated by the surgeon. Due to its high tensile strength, PDO is an effective component that anchors and secures lifted tissue into place.
What is Medical Radiofrequency?
Radiofrequency devices are used in cosmetic procedures to tighten skin using deep pulses of electromagnetic energy. RF interventions are designed to promote strengthening changes in deep tissue, in a procedure with few undesirable side-effects and minimal downtime.(1) Many aestheticians use RF, but not with technology strong enough to produce significant aesthetic results. Medical RF focuses higher frequencies of energy than standard RF systems to remodel tissue, slowing down the visible signs of the aging process. As well as being an effective facial rejuvenation option, medical RF can even be used on the body to reduce cellulite, and as a post-procedural treatment after liposuction!
Specifically designed by Triworks for rejuvenation, our non-ablative RF technology can:
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Address facial skin laxity
- Augment acne and folliculitis treatments
- Improve skin texture
- Be used in post-treatment support
Luxurious Shine Lift
Phase 1: The Thread Lift
Our Luxurious Shine Lift begins with a MINT PDO thread lift. This increasingly popular anti-aging treatment is both safe and effective. It’s also a relatively simple, cost-effective procedure that’s a great alternative to more invasive facial rejuvenation techniques, such as the facelift!
Target Areas for Thread Lift
- Softening Jowls
- Augmenting the Midface
- Nasolabial folds
- Jawline definition
- Flattening double chin or neck
- Opening up the medial and lateral brows
The Thread Lift Procedure
On the first day of your treatment, Dr Lin will perform your thread lift procedure. First, he will map the areas of your face he has identified as the optimal points for adjustment. He will apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure. After this, he will introduce the dissolvable PDO threads to the targeted features, and adjust them accordingly. This produces an immediate lifting and tightening of the skin, restoring the aesthetic contours of your face.
Phase 2: Medical RF Treatment
Three to four weeks after your thread lift, a second procedure will complete your Luxurious Shine Lift experience. RF treatment involves the passage of radiofrequencies through the lower tissues of the skin, stimulating the body’s natural production of collagen. The most effective temperature of 115° F (46° C) for 3 minutes is proven to stimulate the body’s production of new collagen fibers,(4) so you can expect to see fantastic results in a short period of time.
Candidates for Luxurious Shine Lift
A Luxurious Shine Lift is a less invasive alternative to traditional facelift surgery. Good candidates are:
- Healthy adults age 55 or younger
- Interested in alternatives to traditional facelift procedures
- Dissatisfied with the appearance of their cheeks, lips, neck and jowls
- Want to tighten and firm their skin, improving contour
- Soften fine lines
Spaced out over two days a few weeks apart, a Luxurious Shine Lift is incredibly convenient! Thread lifting takes about one hour, while the RF treatment is between 20 and 40 minutes long. As a result, there is minimal downtime, leaving you to continue with your daily routine as usual.
At your initial consultation with Dr. Lin, he will examine your facial skin, and ask you about your aesthetic goals. He will then explain how the Luxurious Shine Lift can benefit you. Dr. Lin works hard for his patients, and he understands that you work hard, too. We all deserve to treat ourselves, so consider a Luxurious Shine Lift a revitalizing reward for your efforts! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
If you’re in need of a helping hand to feel comfortable and content with your looks, choose a Luxurious Shine Lift, and see the real difference for yourself!
Before Your Luxurious Shine Lift
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol at least one week before the procedure
- Cease the use of aspirin and NSAID medications
- Avoid certain vitamin and mineral supplements that may affect your treatment
- Limit UV exposure (stay out of direct sunlight, tanning beds)
- Avoid excessively hot environments
- Maintain moisturizing regimen to prepare your skin
With RF treatment, it is important to refrain from extended sun exposure. You should discontinue your usage of certain topical skincare products, especially those that contain tretinoin (e.g. Retin-A).
Important Note: Dr. Lin will provide personalized instructions for you before your procedure.
For the best results, do not undergo any additional facial procedures in the period after your thread lift surgery, or in the immediate weeks after completion of your Luxurious Shine Lift. We’re Here to Help You!
Our highly trained staff will provide guidance and support prior to your treatments, leaving you to relax and eagerly anticipate your results. You can learn more about our staff and their commitment to patient care on our Meet the Staff page!
Thread lifting can result in some temporary discomfort. It is normal to expect mild to moderate swelling in the area. These symptoms will resolve fully after around 2 weeks, but before then, it is advisable to do the following for the best results:
- Sleep on your back and use pillows for additional support
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 12 hours after your procedure
- Continue to avoid drinking alcohol
- Continue to avoid smoking
- Do not attempt vigorous exercise
- Avoid environments with excessive heat
Our signature combination treatment leaves our patients feeling newly rejuvenated! Facial skin will feel firmer and look more youthful. A Luxurious Shine Lift will leave your face feeling silky soft, smooth and immensely satisfying!
Cost of Thread Lift and RF Therapy in West Covina
The cost of your treatment will depend on your own individual circumstances. If you have any questions there is no simpler way to start your journey of rejuvenation with us at Shine Cosmetic Surgery than by contacting us directly. The perfect gift to yourself is only a click away!
For an in-depth look at the real results of thread lift surgery and other cosmetic procedures offered at Shine Cosmetic Surgery, please take a look at our blog.
Is a thread lift procedure safe?
The risk of complications after a thread lift procedure are minimal. You may experience bruising and swelling in the area in the immediate weeks following your procedure. These side-effects are temporary and discomfort can be easily addressed with over-the-counter pain medications.
Is medical RF treatment painful?
The medical radiofrequency treatment procedure itself is considered to be relatively painless. You may encounter some temporary redness and discomfort immediately afterwards, but this is short-lived and manageable.
How difficult is recovery from thread facelift procedure?
Thread lifting has a significantly simpler recovery than a standard facelift. You should give yourself around two weeks to recover from the procedure. This may involve refraining from doing any strenuous activity, avoiding sleeping on your side or stomach, and stopping smoking and using alcohol.
- El-Domyati, M., El-Ammawi, T. S., Medhat, W., Moawad, O., Brennan, D., Mahoney, M. G., & Uitto, J. (2011). Radiofrequency facial rejuvenation: Evidence-based effect. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 64(3), 524–535. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2010.06.045
- el-Domyati, M., el-Ammawi, T. S., Medhat, W., Moawad, O., Brennan, D., Mahoney, M. G., & Uitto, J. (2011). Radiofrequency facial rejuvenation: evidence-based effect. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 64(3), 524–535. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2010.06.045
- Lee, H., Yoon, K., & Lee, M. (2018). Outcome of facial rejuvenation with polydioxanone thread for Asians. Journal of cosmetic and laser therapy : official publication of the European Society for Laser Dermatology, 20(3), 189–192. https://doi.org/10.1080/14764172.2017.1400167
- Uitto, J., Fazio, M. J., & Olsen, D. R. (1989). Molecular mechanisms of cutaneous aging. Age-associated connective tissue alterations in the dermis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 21(3 Pt 2), 614–622. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2674224/