Your face, more than any other physical feature on your body, is the first thing people notice about you. Your facial expressions are also a reflection of your personality and they determine how others perceive you. Unfortunately, in addition your face reveals your true age and although you may feel young and vibrant, sometimes the lines and wrinkles on your face betray you. Aging is an inevitable part of life and there is nothing wrong with wanting to look refreshed and young throughout the process.
With the help of Dr. Daniel H. Lin, a skilled board certified facial plastic surgeon and Diplomate of American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, you can expect the best possible surgical outcome with natural-looking results and minimal recovery time. From his state-of-the-art facility, Shine Cosmetic Surgery located in Los Angeles, California, he offers a wide range of cosmetic procedures that will restore a gorgeous, healthy appearance to your face and body.
When you are young, the fat in your face is evenly distributed with pockets that plump up your forehead, temples, cheeks, mouth, and area around your eyes. As you age, the fat loses volume and slumps downward so your features fall and the skin that was once smooth and tight gets loose and baggy. Other parts of your face may sag too because those areas gain fat especially around your chin, neck, and jowl area.
Other unwelcome occurrences are folds, creases, and wrinkles including:
- Forehead Wrinkles: Forehead wrinkles come in two types: vertical and horizontal. Vertical wrinkles occur between your eyebrows above your nose and horizontal wrinkles occur across your entire forehead. These wrinkles are caused by sun exposure, gravity, normal aging, repetitive facial expressions, and muscle movement.
- Eye Wrinkles: Wrinkles around your eyes develop in the form of crow’s feet, under-eye bags, and tear troughs. Crow’s feet are wrinkles that form deep lines beginning in the outer corners of your eyes before working outward. Muscle movements such as squinting and environmental factors cause these wrinkles to appear. Tear troughs and bags are usually the result of gravity as fat deposits recede.
- Neck Wrinkles: The most common wrinkles that occur on your neck are horizontal lines known as “Venus’s Rings.” Usually the first wrinkles to form, they are caused by sun exposure and normal aging.
- Lip Wrinkles: Lip wrinkles typically bother women the most because they are visibly unattractive during communication. They appear as vertical lines that begin in the lips and run into the surrounding skin. The cause of lips wrinkles is usually age because during this process, your body slows down collagen production and that is the substance that gives your skin plumpness and firmness.
- Chest Wrinkles: Wrinkles on your chest are easy to hide with clothing but when you wear a bathing suit, they are a nuisance. Chest wrinkles are usually horizontal and they occur when fat deposits decrease with age and gravity allowing the weight of your chest to fall.
Even if you have great genes and look much younger than you are, you cannot stop your face from aging but today there is hope. Dr. Lin specializes in facial plastic surgery to help women and men enhance their natural beauty and feel good about the face they see looking back at them in the mirror. Every cosmetic procedure has its own unique set of advantages and this will be discussed thoroughly during your first visit. To learn more about how Dr. Lin can help you recapture a more youthful appearance, please call Shine Cosmetic Surgery and let us schedule your complimentary consultation.
Some of the procedures Dr. Lin offers include: