Skin Care Products
Conveniently located to serve the areas of West Covina, CA
Healthy and beautiful looking skin requires a continuous commitment to daily skin care and healthy living. Because of this, Shine Cosmetic Surgery offers physician grade skincare products and custom designed routines to help ensure that your skin remains healthy and vibrant for years to come.
Your skin is your body’s largest organ and performs many vital functions and it is never too early or too late to take care of your skin. Your skin also tells a story about your age and health and Dr. Daniel H. Lin believes in the use of skin care systems to restore and maintain the well being of your skin. The products offered at Shine Cosmetic Surgery will treat your skin from the inside out because we use topical agents that work synergistically with proper nutrition to regulate the functions of your skin’s cells.
Every time you get a sunburn or tan, your skin is damaged and a quality skin care regimen can help undo some of the destruction while protecting it from future harm. The radiation you receive from sun exposure accumulates over time and this radiation is the number one cause of aging.
The proven effectiveness of a valuable skin care regime include products such as:
- Tretinoin Products (Most commonly Retin-A and Vitamin A Derivatives): The tretinoin group accomplishes many skin care goals however they require considerable patience due to the skin irritation they cause in the early weeks of treatment. If you are persistent however, the long-term rewards are exceptional. Retin-A helps stimulate your skin to turn over and increase your own exfoliation process thus plumping your skin up. This is also the ingredient that causes the most complaints because the redness and peeling can be unsightly. Although previously there was only one strength causing patients to suffer through six weeks of peeling, currently there are various strengths so your regime can be modified. Because Retin-A makes you sun sensitive, it should not be used in the summertime and an excellent substitute is Vitamin C, which can be used in the sun.
- Hydroquinone (Most Commonly Used as a 4% Compound): Hydroquinone is proven extremely effective at correcting the blotchy irregular pigmented appearance of sun-damaged skin. Hydroquinone is significantly effective as a skin lightener and it is a strong inhibitor of melanin production. For over 50 years, it has been established as the most effective ingredient for reducing and potentially eliminating brown discolorations on skin (melasma). Hydroquinone is even more effective when used simultaneously with a tretinoin product or alphahydroxy acid.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid): Alphahydroxy acid products increase glycosaminoglycans to normalize the hydration of your skin. Alphahydroxy acid products increase collagen or protein in your skin but its greatest asset is the prevention of future sun and environmental damage. Alphahydroxy acid protects your immune system and it has been shown to immediately decrease inflammation after a sunburn. Protection and prevention is much more dramatic when accompanied by formulated topical Vitamin C since a sunscreen alone is not sufficient enough to totally protect your skin.
- Topical Vitamin C Products: The latest formulations of topical Vitamin C can penetrate your skin to accomplish levels 20 times higher than what your skin can receive from regular Vitamin C. It has been shown to increase collagen or protein in the skin and it protects your DNA and immune system. This is evident because when your skin is harmed by sunlight, Vitamin C immediately and dramatically decreases inflammation. Vitamin C not only reverses sun damage, it also limits the amount of damage you initially get from the sun.
The skin care agents listed above are highly successful at attaining skin care for:
- Removing solar elastosis that dominate the appearance of sun damaged and aged skin
- Promoting the development of new blood vessels
- Intensifying the production of the major skin component of glycosaminoglycans that keep hydration in your skin
- Increasing the production of new collagen or protein and elastic fibers
In addition to skin care products; Shine Cosmetic Surgery also offers more invasive treatments that are highly successful in reversing age and sun damage to your skin. These include laser resurfacing, surgical chemical peels, and dermabrasion and many of these treatments enable our skin care products to penetrate more deeply and work more effectively.
If you would like to learn more about the multiple skin care lines we offer at Shine Cosmetic Surgery, we encourage you to contact us.
We will schedule your consultation with Dr. Lin and during your meeting, he will evaluate your skin type, talk to you about any problems you wish to address, and review your overall lifestyle. Using a delicate balance of science and art, together you will choose one of many skin care lines customized to address your particular desires while complimenting your daily routine. You can only buy prescription-strength active ingredients in a physician’s office and nothing over-the-counter can match the strength of our medically proven products. Shine Cosmetic Surgery is proud to carry a full line of physician grade products and if you have never had a skin care regimen, it is not too late to begin one because there is no time like the present to start working towards more youthful skin. At Shine Cosmetic Surgery, we want to be your first choice when it comes to cosmetic skin care and life enhancing services so please call today.